Happy Mother's Day!!


"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."-Oscar Wilde

In honor of Mother's Day, I made special cupcakes for the Mommies in my life. I wanted to come up with something different that they could not find just anywhere. Just like them I wanted it to be something completely different yet similar to what I usually make. So far, they have gotten the "Mommy stamp of approval".
 The first special cupcake flavor I came up with was the S'more. When I think of hot weather I think of being by a fire, roasting marshmallows and making S'mores. This cupcake has the components of this fun time treat.

 The cake is a graham cracker cake that I created. Yes, it taste like a graham cracker. The next component is the chocolate. For this I decided to use a ganache made with a semi-sweet chocolate. The fire roasted marshmallow is made of Swiss meringue that is toasted oh so slightly on the tops. They are a little messy but taste wonderful.






The other flavors that I think of are a crisp and bright lemon and a smooth coconut. So I combined them. The cake is lemon. It is covered with a vanilla buttercream and then sprinkled with coconut flakes. This are not as messy but are equally delicious!!


I also wanted to do something different for the dish that they would be presented on. With not having a lot of money to buy creative gifts I decided to make them myself. And since everyone already knows they are getting some type of cake, I made cake plates to go with them. I am not good at drawing anything, but I think I did alright with the painting. My sister thought that I had used a pattern on them. (wink!!) These were all free hand.

I hope that all of the mothers out there had a wonderful day like I did!!

Thanks for looking. Enjoy!!

Comments